Making friends in your new community can be difficult, but it will be one of the most rewarding aspects of your new life! Here are some suggestions to help you meet people and make friends around the community:
- Volunteer in the community. The Leeds & Grenville Volunteer Bureau offers many opportunities to volunteer. By volunteering in your community, you can make new friends, learn skills, gain work experience, build self-esteem, improve your health, and sometimes find paying jobs.
- Attend a Newcomers Club meeting. Members meet the first Wednesday of every month, at the Brockville Country Club (11:00 am – 2:00 pm).
- Contact a local ethnocultural group. These groups meet regularly to socialize, and share and celebrate their cultural heritage.
- Attend and participate at a local place of worship.
- Join in the fun and participate in one of the many events and festivals that happen every year in our wonderful communities of Leeds & Grenville!